Well it all started at college in 2011. I was studying my first year of media studies at Central Sussex College, Crawley. Our final project of the first year was described to us as our ‘Independent Project’ where we would have the chance to work with some real clients in the media world. There were offers from newspapers and film companies but when the choice of working with a band was offered, I immediately jumped at the chance! I thought to myself that it would be an absolute privilege to work with a relatively new band. When we were told the name of the band, I thought to myself “Who the heck are Kovak?” So I did my usual research on YouTube and Google and found out that I would be working with a first class band! I instantly fell in love with the band’s music, and the image was fantastic!
So around a week after getting told I was one of the few students that would be working with Kovak, I made the trip to Brighton with my fellow students. We all had our own jobs to do, my job was to make a pod cast, so I decided to record an interview with lead singer Annelies. We all met the band’s manager, Andy Hollis, a kind and funny guy with some great opinions on music. Our venue was the Komedia, a concert and comedy venue I had been to a few times before. Each band member arrived at different times, Annelies was the first, bright and early!
As some students were taking photos, Annelies was keen to get ready but allowed me to interview her first. She was a great character and had some great answers! I must admit we both did have a bit of a giggle. I felt like I was having an honest interview with someone who was eager to make it big with their band, which I’m sure will happen!
After taking a lot of photos myself, and a few autographs later, we all left the venue. I think it’s fair to say that I had one of the best days of my life so far. It felt like an honour to create some work for a band which I still think has a lot of potential to go far. I was also invited to see the band perform at their next gig at The Green Door Store, Brighton, so I made sure was available that night, for what would be another great part of the ongoing Kovak story…
Annelies, Andy (the manager) and me at The Haunt, Brighton, 15th December 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment