After a highly successful outing in Canada, Brighton’s own Kovak returned to the seaside town for a homecoming performance at the Green Door Store. Kovak headlined the night.
The old abandoned Brighton Pier
Kovak opened their set with ‘Sex Electric’ which got the crowd dancing straight away. Then ‘I’ll Be Good To You’ was next, a hit for the band which has also become popular on the internet.
Me and Annelies
The third song on the set was new track ‘Killer Boots’. Singer Annelies clearly enjoyed singing the new track and it went down well with the crowd, possibly a future single? The next song ‘Catchy Monkey’ was introduced as “newly recorded in the studio” and many fans will be happy to hear it because it really was a ‘catchy’ song!
Dazza's drum kit
Song number five was ‘Death At The Disco’ from the bands first album ‘Heroes and High Heels’. Another new song came next called ‘Living The Dream’. This one went down really well with the crowd, and could become a good hit for the band! Fan and also band favourite ‘I Love The Dancefloor’ was the next song and it went down well as expected.
Me with the Bray Brothers, Dazza and Karl
For my first Kovak gig, I had an absolute blast. The band themselves were on fire and the atmosphere was brilliant with people dancing everywhere. I knew this would be the first of many Kovak gigs to come…
Martin and me
No comments:
Post a Comment