For my music video, I have chosen Billy Joel’s 80s classic ‘Uptown Girl’. There are a number of reasons why I’ve chosen it. I wouldn’t say it’s one of my all time favourites but it is definitely a classic that everyone knows. I thought that the nature of the song would be quite fun to make for a video. The original video showed a mechanic falling for a model that pulls up in his garage. In my video, I’ve decided to go for the stereotypical teenage love story. The story to my video begins with a guy (played by myself) sitting in the corridor at a college talking to his friend about girls. It appears that he is a bit down on his luck with girls. His friend mentions that a new girl has started the course late. The guy looks into the window of one of the rooms and sees the new girl for the first time. Immediately his eyes light up and he’s fallen in love. Cue the music. The new girl leaves the classroom and the guy starts to follow her while confessing his love (through singing). His friend follows and acts like a backing vocalist to the song. The girl leads him all the way down the stairs to the bottom of the tower block where the song ends. The guy says “So what about it then?” She nods back and they hug each other. End of the video.
No comments:
Post a Comment